A Comprehensive Blendtec Review: What Can You Expect from a Blendtec Blender?
Blendtec is a renowned manufacturer of heavy duty blenders that can meet the needs of even the most avid enthusiasts who love to push these machines to their limits.
The solid reputation of this manufacturer is definitely well deserved, as the quality of these machines is very high.
All in all, a Blendtec is sure to serve you well for years to come, but is it the right blender for you? For all of their advantages, the Blendtec blenders aren’t perfect.
You need to be aware of the machine’s strengths and limitations in order to be sure that you don’t regret your purchase.
These appliances aren’t cheap, so you really need to do some quality research in order to determine whether the Blendtec can meet all your personal needs. Hopefully, this review can help you.
Performance: What is a Blendtec Capable Of?
Like any heavy duty blender, the Blendtec is capable of many things. In fact, it can replace quite a few common kitchen appliances, including mixers and food processors.
- The design of these machines is one of the main Blendtec perks as this blender can easily fit under your kitchen cabinets on the counter.
- This is one of the biggest advantages that this company has over its main competitor, the Vitamix. The latter also makes great blenders, but they are bigger and more difficult to fit on the counter, especially if you live in a small flat.
- However, the design is not the most important factor you’ll need to consider when buying a blender. It’s what the machine can do that truly matters.
In terms of performance, the Blendtec is capable of:
1. Making amazing smoothies.
- The Blendtec is a top quality blender, so the smoothies it produces are bound to be great. In the vast majority of cases, you will need to do very little to make an excellent smoothie in one of the Blendtec appliances, as they have pre-programmed functions, you only need to load the ingredients and press a single button, the machine will handle the rest.
- There is one important thing you need to be aware of. The program used for green smoothies (WHOLE JUICE) may not be enough to liquefy the more fibrous ingredients, such as carrots.
- This cycle runs for only 50 seconds, and some vegetables are too dense to be sufficiently dealt with in such a short period of time. To rectify this situation, you can use manual controls to blend the mix a little longer. The result is sure to be a perfect green smoothie.
- The Blendtec can effectively juice both fruits and vegetables. The best thing about this is the fact that the juice produced by a blender is healthier than the liquid you get from a specialized juicer. In addition, you will need less produce to make a delicious and nutritious drink.
- Unlike juicers (see Juicing vs Blending), blenders do not discard the pulp. This is the reason why the juice you get from this machine might not be as clear as the one you are used to. However, the pulp actually holds the vast majority of the nutrients, so the Blendtec definitely makes the better juice. If you have this machine, you won’t need to buy a specialized juicer.
2. Making hot soups.
- The Blendtec is powerful enough to steam liquids using only the friction of its blades. Hot, raw soups are one of the healthiest foods out there, so you definitely should include them in your diet.
- It takes the Blendtec less than 5 minutes to produce a delicious, steaming hot soup you can enjoy anytime.
3. Grinding flour.
- In terms of grinding, the Blendtec is the best blender currently available on the market. The Vitamix comes a close second, but with this machine, you will need to purchase an additional jar in order to make flour.
- The Blendtec includes the Fourside and Wildside jars by default, and you can use either of them to grind grains into a fine flour within minutes. Therefore, you won’t have to pay any extra to access to this function.
- The Blendtec has a BATTERS program you can use to mix any kind of batter. With this blender, making pancakes or waffles will take very little effort, so you’ll be able to make a delicious, healthy breakfast in minutes.
4. Making ice cream.
- Follow the directions listed in the ice cream recipe of the book that comes with your Blendtec, and you’ll be able to make delicious ice cream in under a minute. It’s imperative that you follow these directions exactly though, as adding too much liquid will ruin the product completely.
- The Blendtec is so powerful that it can cross the line between chopping and liquefying. The machine can handle both tasks, but you should expect any ingredients to be chopped really well. The Blendtec doesn’t leave much room for manual speed control, so it would be very difficult to make it chop something into bigger pieces.
5. Customer Blendtec Reviews.
I so love my Blendtec! This little fella was definitely worth every cent. I don’t use my juicer and food processor at all now, and can only wish that I bought the Blendtec first. I’ve been using it for three months now and it seems there is absolutely nothing impossible for this machine.
My wife and I were really divided about the Blendtec and Vitamix, but decided to go with the Blendtec. I must admit, the only thing that made us decide was the fact that it’s available in pomegranate color and we liked the design more. This is our first heavy duty blender and it was a total eye-opener. We’ve had it for two months and I already can’t remember how we managed to get around without it. It’s definitely the best thing one can have in the kitchen
6. Why Buy Blendtec?
- The answer to this question is really simple: because it’s a great blender that will be able to meet all your needs. The Blendtec can do everything a blender should be capable of, and it will surprise you with how good it actually is with various tasks.
- If you decide to invest in a high quality machine, you will not regret buying a Blendtec. Consider your personal requirements and pick one of the many available models. All of them have some minor differences, but all the Blendtec blenders are of high quality and will serve you for many years to come